Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weddings, weddings, everywhere...

A big congratulations to Steve and Hanna, who just announced they are getting married. Steve has been Nate's best friend since grade school and up until a few years ago was a bit of a free-wheeling bachelor. All it takes it the right woman, though (eh, Nate? Har) and once he met Hanna, he admits he fell devastatingly in love. Four years later and he was writing "Will you marry me?" backwards with candles in her parents' backyard. Hanna stood on the balcony facing away, with a mirror in hand so she could read it. They are having a Hawaiian wedding next March. Steve and Hanna, we wish you a lifetime of joy and love together and we are really hoping we can work the logistics to see you in Hawaii next year!

Also on the good news list, my friend Miriam got her birthday wish: her boyfriend of five years, Paul, proposed. She was getting a LITTLE impatient, but he managed to make it before the deadline...2 minutes to midnight. He proposed at Rockefeller Center, the place where they first kissed. They are also getting married next year. Miriam and Paul, congratulations on the many happy years you have ahead. And welcome to the BMC marrieds club! :)

On a personal note, six years ago this Saturday, I myself tied the knot with the love of my life, Mr. Nathan Poulsen. Nate proposed to me on the sidewalk in front of his sister's house only two days after I had met his entire family for the first time (he is the youngest of eight!), very spur of the moment. Not so spur of the moment, though, that he hadn't already procured his grandmother's wedding ring set for the occasion. Six months later we got married in the Salt Lake Temple. In the years since then, we've moved eight times, Nate has gotten five degrees, we had one child pretty uneventfully and then had another in one of the most terrifying times of our life. I have always known that Nathan is amazing, but the absolutely heroic way he took charge of events while Seth and I were both in the hospital still humbles me. Nathan, love, sweet, superhero, you are my best friend, the only one who knows all my secrets, the one I share all my thoughts and desires with. I would follow you anywhere. I promise to even iron you a few shirts tonight. Now THAT'S love.

No comments: