Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thomas Tidbits

I've been inspired by the wit and wisdom collections of Desi and Lexi, so here are a few Thomisms off the top of my head:

Nate (leaving for a week in D.C.): "Thomas, you're the man of the house now."
Thomas: "Does that mean I get to use the knives?"

Thomas: "Superman is a grown-up, right Mommy?"
Me: "Yep. That's why he's called Superman, not Superboy."
Thomas: "But he was little once, right? Like Ninja Turtles? Like Baby Ninja Turtles?"
Me: "Uh..."

Thomas: "I want to play tag with Baby Seth!"
Me: "Well, Baby Seth is too little to play tag, Thomas. He can't run around like you can."
Thomas, poking Sethie: "Tag, you're it, Baby Seth!" He puts his arm under Sethie's hand. "Oh, you got me Baby Seth! You are good at this!"

Thomas, showing his policeman action figure and his piggy bank. "This policeman wants all my money, Mommy. He's corrupt."

Nate: "Thomas, how much do I love you?"
Thomas: "Daddy, when I say, 'just a little bit', you have to tickle me, okay?"

Walking up the subway stairs today: "Ah, smell that fresh country air!"

In an elevator yesterday next to a woman giving us horrified looks:
Thomas: "Mommy, my foot hurts."
Me: "I'll look at it when we get to our apartment."
Thomas: "Okay, but, mommy, don't cut my foot with scissors! Don't cut my foot with scissors!"

Thomas, opening the door for me: "Here you go, lady."


1 comment:

Anali said...

I nearly had a coffee up the nose incident here. You should include content warnings! :-)