Tuesday, November 04, 2008

My two cents

Well, I just went to my local polling station and yanked the lever for McCain (actually, it was a cool electronic ballot with a computer keyboard for write-in candidates. I almost wrote in "Romney", but restrained myself).

Like my buddy, Grumpator, I wanted to just add my last two cents on the election and will foreswear political postings in the future (there's plenty of that elsewhere for anyone who is interested). This article in National Review describes pretty much how I feel going into the election and while I'm not really excited about McCain, I still feel he is the best choice under the circumstances.

From the article:

"McCain has a solid record of opposing economically damaging tax increases. He has always opposed abortion. He has advanced a creative free-market health-care policy...He is a scourge of wasteful spending and a resolute free trader. He says that he will look for judges who have demonstrated their fidelity to the Constitution as written. We have our differences with McCain, as do most conservatives, on such issues as immigration and stem cells. On each of these issues, however, Obama is at least as mistaken."

I urge everybody to vote. Have a hand in your future! Give yourself the right to cheer or to complain, whatever the outcome. Apathy is our number one enemy.

2 comments:

the meyersons said...

Amen, sister. (If this was Mara.) If not, Amen, brother.

Marci said...

I feel the same exact way.