Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tagged

My long-time friend Robin tagged me and has only harrassed me a little bit to respond, but I'm easily intimidated, so here goes:

10 years ago (Jan 1998):
I was midway through my junior year of college and applying for summer internships (I eventually went to the University of Iowa's comp sci program). I was breaking up with someone. I was lolly-gagging around my parents' house for winter break (I'm sure they would be glad to get rid of me soon).

5 things on my to-do list today:
1) pick Thomas up from preschool
2) make an appointment to register him for kindergarten
3) do laundry
4) take Thomas to his playdate this afternoon
5) get in a few pages on my novel

Snacks I enjoy:
1) sushi
2) chocolate
3) ooooohhhh chocolate
4) mmmmmmmmmm chocolate
5) did I mention chocolate?

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1) pay off our debt and any family and friend debt (note this is family and friends that existed BEFORE the billionaire status. Late emergers need not apply)
2) start a college scholarship program for girls in the sciences
3) get a building named after me at my alma mater (Simpsons reference: "Yale could use an airport").
4) invest in programs like the Gates Foundation that places aid where it is needed and that requires positive progress from those who have received the aid.
5) invest in programs like FIRE (Foundation for Individual Rights in Education) which help ensure that U.S. Universities live up to their purpose: intellectual (not just superficial) diversity, open discussion (even if some are offended), and preserving the sanctity of individual conscience.

3 of my bad habits (only three? Wahoo!)
1) Resistance to housework
2) Procrastination
3) Uncontrollable yawning when I am bored (apologies to our Sacrament meeting speakers)

5 places I have lived
1) Tremonton, UT
2) Bryn Mawr, PA
3) Ithaca, NY
4) New York City, NY
5) Princeton Junction, NJ

5 jobs I have had:
1) I have not actually had five jobs
2) Pizza maker
3) Temp worker at AT&T
4) Computer programmer
5) Freelance writer (does this really count?)

5 things people don't know about me:
1) I generally hate talking on the phone. I am getting better at it, but I am just not a phone person. I like to get to the point and get off. There are a few exceptions, but they're rare (Slease!)
2) Nate and I met online.
3) I like to read celebrity gossip
4) I once considered becoming Wiccan (chalk this one up to standard college too much time and too little serious responsibility)
5) I still love the movie "The Last Unicorn".

I tag Eddie, Heather J., Anali, Kendra, and Teresa.

2 comments:

Anali said...

When I saw the title of this post, I had a sinking sensation that I, too, would get tagged.

Oh, very well then.

M said...

There are no legal obligations. Just trying to spread the harassment around a little. That's America for ya.