Monday, December 31, 2007

Wii wish you a Merry Christmas

I realize this is very late getting up, but, frankly, so am I. I've been couch-ridden for the last few weeks after rupturing a disc in my back not once, but twice, around Christmas and New Year's. Oy. I can now tolerate sitting at the computer. Yay! Stay tuned for "The Day It Was Finally Easy to Dress Myself" and "Widen Your Stance: How I Relearned to Load My Dishwasher".

Here are some videos from Christmas morning. A big thank-you to faraway relatives who sent packages, especially for the kids. (Note, any intolerable camerawork is my fault. I forgot that while you can rotate the camera to take tall pictures rather than wide ones, rotating the camera to take a "tall" video just results in a sideways one. Sorry Mom and Dad!)

Christmas morning, Thomas coming downstairs to find what Santa left for him




A present from Thomas's cousin Matthew




A present from Sethie's cousin Jessica




A present from my parents




A present from Nate's parents




Presents to the kids from Gram and Grandpa Poulsen









Oh and the title for the post refers to the fact that we also got a Nintendo Wii for Christmas which is now providing many many hours of post-Christmas merriment (which saved me during my couch-ridden days from just staring slack-jawed at the TV. Instead I stared slack-jawed at the TV while repeatedly shaking the "Wii-mote"). I'll leave it to Nate, if he wishes, to post how he managed to secure a Wii during the crazy holiday shortages (Note: Interestingly enough, it was not from the Nintendo World Store in NYC, despite the fact Nate works a mere block away from there).

Sethie plays a mean boxing match on Wii Sports. If I can manage to capture it on video, I'll post that a little later.

A very late Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

3 comments:

Anali said...

I wonder just WHO the train set is for - cuz it seems like SOMEONE or (multiple SOMEONES) had an awful lot of fun putting that track together.

I formally request an account of the acquisition of the Wii. Our beloved Xbox flashed the Red Ring of Death on Christmas Eve morn, and we have been suffering mightily without it - to the point of Wii-hunting. While the Xbox is hopefully being delivered today (crosses fingers), if we should ever SEE an elusive Wii, we'd probably buy one.

Robin said...

So how come no videos of Maralee huh? The boys are really growing up. Seth still seems so small, how much does he weigh now? Cute videos! Thanks for sharing!

M said...

I guess I'm always the one behind the camera. Some kind of god-complex of mine. I like to be the omniscient voiceover.

Sethie is still pretty little. He has just cracked 20 lbs., which even for a 13-month-old (his gestational age) barely puts him on the chart with the other kids. Thomas was completely opposite as a kid--he is still 90th percentile for height and weight, as he has been since he was about three months-old. Now watch, when the two hit puberty, Sethie will shoot up past Thomas or some such.

I have tried to tell the Wii tale myself, but I always get the details wrong. Nate is always saying, "No no no, that's not how it was." So I'll harrass him into posting his Wii-ventures.

And I SWEAR, it was Santa who built that track. He's a train-lover, that jolly fat guy.