Thursday, August 16, 2007

"But you need a little Bubby"



Thomas and I have been singing the "Frowny face" song today, which goes:

No one likes a frowny face
Change it for a smile
Make the world a better place
By smiling all the while

One way Nate and amuse ourselves and (mildly) distress our children (well, only Thomas since Seth is oblivious to lyrical correctness), is to change out various words or lines in songs such as this with one or both of their names. After singing the song through the right way a couple of times, I teasingly sang to him,

No one wants a Thomas face
Change it for a Seth...

At which point, he stopped singing along, blinked, and then said, "But you need a little Bubby." (Bubby has been Thomas's nickname since he was about six months old)

I said with a smile, "Oh yeah? Why do I need a little Bubby?"

"To make things for you."

"Like what?"

"A.....peanut butter and mud cake."

"Ewww. That doesn't sound so good."

"But Mommy, it's your birthday. You don't have to eat it, you just have to look at it. All the time."

Thomas and I can have conversations like this all day. Peanut butter inevitably factors in, just as unicorns did for me when I was his age until, oh, about 15.

Ok, 21.

Ok, last year, but that was, really, the end of it. Really.

Anybody seeing Stardust this weekend?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Transformers theme)...the Sethie-bots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of .. The de-Sethie-cons

M said...

I must protest. It's "The Auto-Seths".

Anali said...

You guys are too funny!