Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tagged

Ooh--I really feel like I'm moving up in the digital world here. I've been tagged! I don't know what this is, but I suspect it's like one of those emails people send to all their friends with stuff in it like their shoe size and whatnot. What makes this less obnoxious? I didn't send it to you! You came here to read it! Or maybe not. Maybe you are navigating away, right now--no wait! There's a treat at the end of the post if you keep reading...


8 Random Things about Me:

1) I love sushi. Though I prefer good sushi, I'll even eat bad sushi. Supermarket sushi. Hole-in-wall sushi. I once got a case of full-body hives from bad sushi. Did not deter me. I try to stay away from the raw stuff now if the joint serving it is at all sketchy, but sometimes I just can't seem to help myself. All together now...ewwwwww.

2) I'm a pretty staunch conversative politically, though while I think John Kerry would have made an absolutely terrible president, someone needs give Mr. Bush a serious swift kick. There's a difference between sticking to your guns and stubbornly refusing, like a two-year-old, to notice all the mounting evidence that a particular course of action wasn't a good idea.

3) I used to think two people got married because they wanted to spend all their time together. Sixty thousand work, school, and child-rearing hours later, I've realized that if you've found someone who can make you laugh, is willing to watch a little Star Trek with you, and who doesn't seem to mind your neuroses, then you can be happy even if you don't get to see them all the time, and the time you do get to spend together seems pretty rich.

4) I'm going to be 30 this Sept. Yikes. Time for the requisite, "What have I done with my life?" self-examination.

5) What have I done with my life? I am currently working on yet another fiction novel. No, I have not had any of the previous novels I've worked on published, though I have some nice rejection letters. I love the writing part. I hate the attempting to convince someone else to put it in stores part. Nate has been threatening me to put some actual effort into that part or else (no more sushi for you!)

6) I've only responded once to one of those "about me" emails. It said "Diamonds or Pearls?" I said, "Electronics."

7) I really like cats, but don't have any at the moment. I can't stand dogs.

8) Sethie has been whining for a few minutes while I type on this thing. I really ought to go get him, but I want to finish my own thoughts first! Har! Narcissism, thy name is me.

I tag Dan, Heather, and Kendra


So where's the treat you say? What? Wasn't all of that treat enough for you? No? Then watch this movie.

5 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

so, wait... i have to come up with 8 things about me?? I am definitely not as verbose as you or heather, but can maybe peak your interest a bit... stay tuned.

M said...

I can't wait to hear all your deep dark secrets! Da-DUUUUMMMMM!

Anali said...

I'm so glad you submitted to my tagging! I hate those emails too, but I like these open-ended memes that let you disclose what you want rather than ask if you "like" anyone right now.

A week into 30 - it's not so bad.

M said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry to have spaced it. No existential life crises? No sports car buying, or young man dating?

Jones Family said...

ohwow -- my first tag. once i get my sundaylesson behind me, i'll put this to immediate deliberation. funfunfun. loveya!