Thursday, June 21, 2007

Seeing myself...


I dropped Thomas off at the kids play area in Wegmans for the first time today while shopping. I don't know why I've never done it before, but I know the impetus this time: Thomas got lost the last time we were in Wegmans, the first time, shockingly, I have lost him, ever. A store employee brought him to me about fifteen minutes after we started having them frantically look for him and although I pretty much assumed he had wandered innocently away and hadn't been snatched by someone, I still got a little teary-eyed to see him again. I used to really disparage those parents who had their little kids on leashes, but once you've been on 34th St. or Times Square in the middle of tourist season, you start to see the logic of that kind of thing (yes, Thomas had a leash in NYC when we were downtown).

Anyway...kids play area. This is not a post about life lessons learned from losing little ones--it's a post about me! Inside the area, a boy was playing a video game. None other than Jeremy McGrath Supercross World, for which I have programming credits from my time at Acclaim Entertainment. I tried explaining to Thomas that Mommy had worked on the game the little boy was playing, but he was more interested in the Backyardigans toy display nearby. The woman running the play area just looked at me, bored.

Well, it was something anyway. Next I just need to catch someone reading my book at the library or some such. Of course, that particular goal would be more easily reached if I had a book published. That's next on my list of grand accomplishments. :)

2 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

I had a similar experience- Matt discovered the ESL software I had helped design down in the basement of his school- unfortunately packed away and not being used, but still- I was glad to know that the marketers at our company had done SOME work after all!

M said...

That's pretty cool. Nice to see your product somewhere, right? I have to admit, I never really thought I'd see that game again. I even gave away MY copy away.