Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Nobility of Motherhood

A few years ago when Thomas was about Sethie's age, I was in a Relief Society meeting, doing a short presentation on the "nobility of motherhood" to the group. Right on cue, the nursery leader showed up with Thomas. The smell from his diaper filled the entire room. Here it is, folks, the nobility of motherhood, in action. 

So this morning, I choose out an outfit that I thought would say "casual sophisticate". I like when the weather around here turns chilly again because I can do layers. I put on a flowy black tank gathered at the bustline over a white cotton button-down shirt with three-quarter sleeves. So for most of the day I've been going around, thinking I looked nice. 

Turns out when I changed Sethie's diaper this morning, he left me a little present on my sleeve and I have been parading around this big brown spot on my arm. What is it the French call it? "Eau de Toilette?"

Just call me noble.

1 comment:

vdg family said...

You are very noble. :)