Thursday, August 14, 2008

Holy Vocabulary, Batman!

Geez. I've been posting lately about as often as Nate sleeps. Anyway, here is Sethie nearing the two-year mark. He's actually got a vocabulary of over 50 words at this point (I know, I know, that in itself is pretty average for his age, but considering his preemie status, I'm constantly grateful that he is happily average), but I've asked him to repeat just a few of those.

When Thomas was a baby, Nate was always insisting I cut his hair--he didn't like the fluffy baby look on him--but he's changed his mind with Sethie. Maybe we've finally realize just how quickly they are both growing up and so we are happy to keep Sethie looking like a baby for just a little bit longer...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth is so cute! That was great it made my morning.

meg

Anonymous said...

This is much better than the video of Matt at about this age. We were looking outside at the snow (we had a blizzard)
I said, "What is that outside?"
Matt said, "no"
I said, "That is snow, what do we do with snow?"
Matt, "Sh"
Me, "That's right, we shovel snow"
Me, "What does Daddy do at work?"
Matt, "Tye-Tye"
Me, "That's right, he types at work"
Me, "What does Daddy do when he leaves us at night?"
Matt, "La"
Me, "That's right - he goes to sing with his group"
Basically the boy did sounds and I did all the talking...no wonder he didn't really talk until almost 3 - why did he need to. I love his curly locks - I kept Matt's until he was 2 1/2 - Sethie does not look girlish so I say go for it

Love ya all - Kristi

M said...

Meg--I am totally sending you baby clothes this weekend! Look out for it! I am not a complete loser! :)

Kristi--love the description of the Matt video. Sounds like he knew what he was talking about, eh?

I'm impressed you have video from back then. We used to take video with our old video camera when Thomas was a baby, but since then all the video has pretty much disappeared because we never put them onto actual videotape (which, of course, would also be useless at this point)